Monday, November 12, 2012

Trust


I woke up this morning, depressed. Sad. All the work we did for the election for "our side" seemed for naught. We walked. We planned. We gave. We prayed. Yet "our side" wasn't elected--on nearly all counts.

What do I read this morning in the Psalms but in the 42nd and its twin, 43:

Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why have you become disturbed within me? 
Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him
For the help of His presence.
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him.
The help of my countenance and my God.

...plead my case against an ungodly nation;
O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!...
And upon the lyre I shall praise You. O God, my God.
Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why are you disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him.
The help of my countenance and my God.


Another reminded, yet again. My hope is in God, maker of heaven and earth. It is in He I put my trust. And that is enough.


1 comment: