Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fall Changes

These kiddos are bigger now....
I've been feeling a bit melancholic the past week or so. Part of the melancholy is that summer is waning.

In a sense, change is good. I'm getting tired of watering plants, making sure the grass stays green, keeping out the weeds and slugs. Tired of monitoring open and closed windows. Watching out for fleas--a kitty who goes in and out of the house brings those critters with her!

No, that change is fine. It's that the school year is coming and with it brings excitement and a more set schedule. Even for those of us who aren't involved in school anymore, either as an occupation or parent. What's sad is there will be only two little ones needing my assistance in the homeschooling experience. The boys are taking more outside classes and need more time to stay at home to complete their studies. While I love having the girls, it's just another indication that all of my grandies are growing up and away from their parents--and me!

I read this morning in Jeremiah 10. This phrase stood out to me: The LORD of hosts is His name. That was a comfort to me, for He is over all. Even these fall changes and growth.

I will attempt to shake off the melancholy, for it's all part of the change of seasons. And I will recall that phrase, The LORD of hosts is His name. And I can call on Him because He loves me.
Fall, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment