Friday, April 25, 2014

Eyes Fixed on Jesus



A  flurry of thoughts this morning flooded my mind. Should I go out and pick the weeds that had cropped up since we'd been gone on vacation? Should I go for a much needed walk? Should I cruise FaceBook for awhile? Should I answer emails? Should I write a blog? What would it be about? Should I continue my writing for my new book?

Then Jim and I read in our devotion book, Jesus Calling, where Jesus said directly to me: Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2).Wow! OK, Lord, I'll fix my eyes on YOU!

So many times in my life when I've been in a turmoil about different things, I've had this epiphany. Sometimes it has been grief. Sometimes anger. Sometimes fear. Sometimes a relationship is not what it should be. Yet the answer is still the same: fix your eyes on Jesus--who is the perfector of our faith--of our life here on earth--of everything!

I will--as an act of my will, fix my eyes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment