Friday, May 23, 2014

Put on Your Dancing Shoes!

I like to read a different section of the Bible each day as a discipline. Sometimes reading certain books in the Old Testament are hard to understand, but one day this week, reading from the weeping prophet, Jeremiah, was easy for me.


Again you will take up your timbrels and go out to dance with the joyful.......(Jeremiah 31:4b)
I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow. (Jeremiah 31:13b, c)

At this point in my life, I truly can apply verse 4: Take up your timbrels and go out to dance......I have been blessed with another joyful time in my life. However, I've lived enough years to know I will not always want to dance with the joyful, but mourn with those who weep--or mourn for my own losses. 

I'm not sure where you are this day. I hope you feel like dancing. If not, know you will have opportunity to do so again. The weeping prophet, inspired by God, says so! Some day. If not here on earth, in heaven. Where there will be no more tears and sorrow. 

So put on your dancing shoes--or give it some time--for you will feel like it again. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment