Friday, August 21, 2015

True Showers

I've not been around on the blog-sphere lately, for I've been giving birth to a book and that takes time. More time than I ever dreamed. But it's done now and you'll start hearing more from me again. 

Yesterday, Jim and I read from the prophet Ezekiel. I loved the promise of showers of blessing.

         I will make them and the places all around My hill a blessing; 
                                and I will cause showers to come down in their season: 
                                there shall be showers of blessing. Ezekiel 34:26

Wow! Do we realize that promise came from the God of the Universe? For us? There are many other promises in that chapter we could focus on, yet let's focus on this promise: showers of blessing.

In my book, I've written a lot about my past. About growing up in the countryside in Oregon and Washington. I remember singing in that little church on Sunday nights the song that must have been inspired from that verse:

                  There shall be showers of blessing: 
                           This is the promise of love; 
                           There shall be seasons refreshing, 
                            Sent from the Savior above.....

I can still hear the voices, lustily singing together on Sunday nights. 

If I can list one blessing, it would be the wonderful memories I have growing up in the countryside where berries and nurseries abounded. Where I could run like the wind and ride my bike freely with few cars to watch for. Where I knew I was loved by my parents, who so diligently told me about the Savior mentioned in the song. 

My family during that era. I'm in the upper left.


What's the blessing you could list today? I challenge you to think about it. Write it down. Give thanks to the Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment