Monday, December 7, 2015

God is So Faithful

Today is our second wedding anniversary. At our wedding service we sang as a congregation a hymn that has much meaning to both of us. I like this stanza:

Great is thy faithfulness! 
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed, thy hand hath provided;
Great is thy faithfulness! Lord unto me.

I thought it would be fun to chronicle this past year. It has been full of adventures of many kinds. I’ll let the photos speak for themselves:

We took our first cruise on our first wedding anniversary

Yes, a large cruise ship--we loved it.
Champagne breakfast on our deck in the Panama Canal


We were spoiled


After the elective surgery in January, Jim took extra good care of Shirley. In May, we went camping in our new RV and when I was stepping up into the RV, I tripped, fell, and shattered my ankle. It was very serious, but again, I had excellent care from Jim. He took those vows very seriously.



Shirley had elective surgeries






And some not planned...

But God was with me and healing began...

We traveled to Disneyland with the Sagert family--in a wheelchair.  Proudly watched Sarah Rudberg graduate with honors from Kings High School.


Went to Disneyland with the Sagert branch of the family.







Fabulous teaching on the cruise with Chuck Swindoll


That didn't stop us from taking a memorable Inspiration Cruise with Chuck Swindoll


Throughout this year, Shirley, with Jim's encouragement, completed her book.



We took the time to re-enact our first date two years later on September 4. 

Early October, we took a road trip and find we love driving the roads of our beautiful country. Here are some photos from that memorable trip.





We both enjoyed driving..
Eating in Kansas

Getting to know our youngest grandchildren in Iowa

Mount Rushmore

After driving more than five thousand miles, we flew to Paris, France with Joyce and Dick. We had a great time....


Gardens that inspired Monet in France

Yes, that's the Mona Lisa



Awe-inspiring Normandy Beach



And then.....we launched my book.


God has been good to us. Do you understand now why I think the lyrics to the hymn means so much to me? We are now celebrating our two years while we watch a  storm at the beach inside a cozy, warm house. 

All I have needed (and more) Thy hand hath provided. 

PS  My apologies the blog's graphics were not behaving today!


No comments:

Post a Comment