Saturday, February 11, 2012

Writing a book.....

I have a new appreciation for writers and the work they do in producing a book.  I have completed nearly every step in producing a book.

I've just dropped off a hard copy to my editor for one final read-through and I will be done. Never did I realize how many times one has to write, re-write, cut, and cut more precious (to me) words! But I believe it is worth it. I feel good that I've accomplished this.

Here's a little excerpt from the final chapter:


Dear reader, I have taken you on a journey. My journey of five years, full of joy, happiness, and sorrow. I pray that mostly you can see the joy, for there is none without God. Good times that don’t last and sad times visit us all.

But God, who shows Himself through Jesus Christ, knows our sorrows. He is there. Seek Him........
         
The other day, the phone rang. Someone from the Gift of Life Center Northwest was on the phone. She called to tell me that the State of Washington awards six families per year for their loved one’s gift of life. Would we want to participate and receive the award?  She went on to explain the governor from our state would give an award to each family. What an honor and tribute to Blair! Of course we would want him to be here, but that his two kidneys gave life to two men makes it easier to bear. So on February 28, 2012, we will be there with five other families to accept the award. And Blair Graybill will the most honored for it was his gift. I am so thankful that though this is an honor, his greatest honor is his life in heaven with his Lord and Savior.
As Greg(Blair's oldest son) said in a Sunday sermon, “Put God at the center of your life now, so that when everything else falls away--as it will---you will still possess the vital center.”
He is the center of my life. He has provided. He is trustworthy and good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment