Thursday, June 21, 2012

God's Sovereign Grace


Looking back at an old journal, I see angst. You see, from the date, I realize I was a new widow. The first time. 
It was three weeks after my husband Bill died, and I found out I had no job for the next school year. They were closing the school and I needed to work. While reading it this morning, I knew the end. I did find a job--a good one. But the job answer came ten weeks later. When I needed the job. Not before. 
I didn’t know the future of that job either. Now I did though. I didn’t know I’d be married again to a wonderful loving man, who gave me his teacher’s pension for the rest of my life. I don’t have to worry about getting another job. My needs are provided for. 

Now, I sit here in the morning room. Reading about the past, not knowing the future, yet knowing God is still there. He knows my future. I know my ultimate future. I rest in You, God my Father, Jesus my Savior, Holy Spirit, my blessed Comforter.



                                                                         Photo taken in South Africa, late 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment