Sunday, August 19, 2012

"It's a book!!" They said.

"Your book is now in print!" The email said. Finally, after two years of reading, re-reading. Editing. Reading. Changing some more, it was done.

You would have thought I'd be filled with joy and excitement. Kind of like when I had my babies. And I did. But I also had some misgivings and doubts. Just like when I had my babies.

What if they don't like it? What if they don't like how I described them? What if I don't like it? All self doubts. But then, it arrived. I was thrilled to hold it in my hands. It looked so different to see the print on the book page rather than the computer screen or typed out on white paper.

It's a book. But of course, I've only begun. I need to market it now. Convince other people to read it. Write more. I've already gotten some ideas.

Raising a book, like a baby, is a lifetime thing!
Here's the baby--er-- book!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to own this book! I also cannot wait to have my copy signed by the author. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie. I've got your signed copy right here in Vancouver!

      Delete