Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mrs. Grumpy-skirt

Yes....that's what I called myself yesterday morning. You see, I was disappointed I didn't get "the call" I was waiting for. I wish I would learn to always be thankful and grateful for my situation. But I am not. I woke up grumpy and it continued throughout the day. In spite of being with four of the seven of my greatest joys. I have so much....yet I yearn for more. But I pulled myself up off of my pity couch, packed my backpack and went to meet my Vancouver family for a hike. It had its challenges too.

1. I forgot my hiking shoes, so had to hike in my tevas (it worked fine). 2. We took the wrong turnoff and wended our way up the winding road meandering through beautiful trees. But the curvy road made one grandchild sick--good thing there was a container there to catch the sickness. 3. Had our hike in cloudy, hazy Oregon and at the top, were greeted by the sun. Yay!

I finished my day with a movie and dinner with a friend--still feeling sorry for myself.

 I  woke up this morning with a sigh and a similar attitude as yesterday and read this verse from an ancient prophet. It was a good reminder for me Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. (Habakkuk 3: 17-18). OK, God. I get the message.

Dear Lord, help me with my attitude and help me rejoice in You. 

It IS better to rejoice and than grump. Here we go, Lord........


Just another reason to rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment