Friday, October 31, 2014

Three Hundred Thirty Days

    Yes. It has been three-hundred thirty days today since we each said “I do”. Is life just as magical as it was since the first hundred days? Yes. 
Instead of celebrating yearly anniversary dates—we’ve only had one so far—our first date, we celebrate days! It might be our tenth month anniversary of our wedding. It might be the first time we said “I love you” to each other. It doesn’t matter. It’s that we’re together in the now.
Are there times when little nigglings of fear creep into each of our thoughts? Yes! But we openly speak of it rather than stuffing it down into our subconscious. We pray that God will grant us many years together. But we know each of our lives are in God’s hands, not ours. We must trust in the God who loves us more than we love each other or ourselves. So we do just that. We trust. 
We both know the awfulness of death and separation from a loved one. We both know the precious comfort of our Lord and Savior, Jesus to be ever-present in the worst possible times of loss. 
We say goodnight to each other as we drift off to sleep. “See you in the morning.” Jim will say.
I say. “You better be here!” in a teasing voice, yet serious about that admonition.
Jim still wants to make me a perfect cup of coffee and each morning when I take my first sip, he asks, “How’s the coffee?” If I don’t say it’s perfect, he will muse how he can make it better.
Three-hundred thirty days. Thank you God, for bringing Jim into my life! He is perfect for me and I believe Your choice for me. At this time. On this day. Until You bring each of us home to You. We will enjoy the time we have together. 

Happy 330th day, sweetheart!



Jim and Shirley--they are as happy as they look
On our honeymoon in Whistler, Canada
Another monthly/weekly celebration


Having fun together in New York City on "Huckabee"

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    I once knew someone else who counted the days. I thought it was so sweet he was 3,000+ days in and still counting. What a great thing to cherish each day. Here's to those 330 turning into 3,300+. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just noticed your comment. Thank you so much! We're at 349 days and counting!
      Bless you!
      Shirley

      Delete