Friday, November 6, 2015

So Many Blessings

I'm home now and my sleep patterns seem to be regulating themselves at last. I'm not complaining, for I've truly been blessed by the ability to travel. 

I think I enjoy my blessings more because of some of the difficulties I've experienced. They seem small, when compared to some people's experiences, yet I don't want to make light of what has gone on in my life, either. One thing that has really been very obvious to me is the comfort I received from my Savior during those trying times. And because I received that comfort, I am compelled to share it with others. That's why Jim and I help with leading a grief group at our church. My heart yearns to soothe the sorrows of people who attend. It really is Christ in me that does that compelling, I believe. And I am obligated to point the way for others. I read today in the New Testament:


"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us."
2 Corinthians 1: 3, 4

That's why we do what we do. And in our spare time, we try to reach out to our families--and we have nearly 100 together, counting our children, grandchildren, siblings, nieces, nephews, grand nieces and nephews. That doesn't count friends, for they are also very important to both of us. 

This Saturday evening, we'll have six of our grands, ages 8 to nearly 13, stay over. We'll have pizza, play games, watch a movie, and hopefully, sleep. See what I mean about being blessed?

We also get to travel and when we come home, we give a sigh and wonder why we would ever want to leave our cozy home with all of its familiar comforts. 

Somewhere in Central America
In our travels, I enjoy photographing doors. Very amateurishly, I photo them with my iPhone 5 and they look pretty good. Here's a few of them for you to enjoy. 

Notre Dame Cathedral

Panama



Giverny (Monet's village church)

Medieval Cathedral in Rouen


Paris City Hall

My favorite door...ours!




Thanks for reading my blogs. You lift my heart as much by reading as I hope you enjoy reading them. 

Have a wonderful weekend. The weather here in Vancouver looks promising. Think I'll go for a walk with my Jim and reacquaint ourselves with our world.



1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of the doors of Europe! I also enjoyed reading your blog posts as well. Good writing, inspirational and so postive!

    ReplyDelete