Monday, February 3, 2014

With Hope




This is not at all how
We thought it was supposed to be
We had so many plans for you
We had so many dreams.....

We can cry with hope
We can say goodbye with hope
'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh no
And we can grieve with hope
'Cause we believe with hope
(There's a place by God's grace)
There's a place where we'll see your face again
We'll see your face again.....

We have this hope as an anchor
'Cause we believe that everything
God promised us is true, so ...

So we can cry with hope
And say goodbye with hope

We wait with hope
And we ache with hope
We hold on with hope

We let go with hope
(Words by Steven Curtis Chapman)



Eight years ago, I listened to these words. It was at the memorial service of Bill Rudberg. I couldn’t listen to this song after that service for a long time. But now I read the words and remember the melody and recall how God has worked in my life! How faithful He has been to me. Yes, there’ve been lots of tears and sadness. But much joy and love, too. 
That is the theme of my life. I can see how faithful God has been to me.....and how much hope is in my life. I wouldn’t be honest if I didn’t admit sometimes I wonder what’s around the next bend in the road, because loving brings hurt and sorrow. But for today, I will reflect on the hope God has given me and the many blessings He has surrounded me with. That will be enough. But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.....(Psalm 39:7)

Rest in peace--for I know you are in the presence of our Savior, Jesus--George William Rudberg, Jr., 09-26-1943  -  02-03-2006. You were loved and are missed. But with full assurance, we will see you again. With hope.



2 comments:

  1. i like this dark red colour & i also like this 1 jacket is to nice i saw many design but this 1 is best i think is good for me.
    Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  2. your jacket colour and your jacket design i really like it see more red colour jacket visit Online Cool Men Leather Jackets

    ReplyDelete