Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Brokenness

I had a wonderful, sad, excruciatingly painful evening last night. You see, my friend Judy (and many, many of her other friends, too) spent the evening with her. It was to be her bachelorette party before the big wedding day this coming Saturday. Instead, she was sharing with us the terrible loss of the sudden death of her son, Patrick. We still had the party. We did laugh--and cry--and laugh--and cry. The wedding will go on. But the terrible knots of emotions are churning within Judy, I'm sure.

Oh, it's so hard to watch and someone who is hurting so badly and it seems there is nothing to be done! I am beginning to understand how much people loved me when I was going through my losses. I must remind myself, Judy will be all right, though she must forge through deep water before she will be all right. The best possible thing I can do for her is pray, pray, pray.

We love you Judy. We care for you. I am grateful you haven't given up on the Savior, for He loves you best.

No comments:

Post a Comment