Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tribute to Marian

Marian is my mother in law and I don't call her Marian, but mom. For she really is my mom. She was there when I married her son, Bill. Was waiting to hear what our firstborn was--a boy! She was  always ready to babysit--and loved both my kids with a passion!

Marian was an athlete and in this day and age, she most likely would have taken her girls' team to State. Instead, she just was able to practice with her brother who WAS a professional athlete! She spent countless hours catching his pitches. Then she moved on in her fifties, to catch my son's base balls. In her eighties, she played catch with her great grandkids, too.


Marian also loved to bake. It was almost an insult to her if you refused one (or multiple!) of her  goodies. So, we rarely refused! She was a party girl--she had countless birthday parties, anniversary celebrations and Christmas Eve dinners at her house. The house was sometimes comfortably large, other times, small but we all squeezed in just fine.


L to R, Emily, Marian, me, Annabel
I think Marian would like to mostly be remembered for her faith in Christ. She has been through much in her ninety years for today is her ninetieth! She is the only surviving family member in her immediate family. She had to say goodbye to her husband of 59 years, goodbye to her son, goodbye to sister and brother, yet her faith is still strong and bold.


May God bless you today--and in the life to come with Christ as I know He will! Happy birthday, Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment