Monday, December 5, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Surprise

The phone rang, and I heard Colleen's voice inviting me to join her to hear a piano recital from a renown pianist, Richard Goode.

Sundays are difficult for me sometimes. You see, I am by myself, and the best part of Sunday to me was worshipping at church in song and hearing Pastor Paul preach a good sermon with much to think about, and fellowshipping with other believers. After church, I'd have coffee with my sweetheart, then relax in the afternoon and just be together. Now that both of my mates are gone, the Sunday afternoons often are yawningly empty. So when I was invited to go to a concert to listen to one of my favorite instruments being played, it didn't take long for me to accept.

We had a great time yesterday, in the sunny afternoon, catching up on each other's lives. We found a parking spot not too far from the concert hall.

Colleen greeted many of her piano teaching friends, and colleagues as we walked into the hall. While we were waiting to purchase our tickets, someone asked us if we could use her extra two tickets? Could we? Of course! So with delight, we walked up the curvy stairs at Newmark Theatre, found our perfect seats and sat back to enjoy Mozart, Beethoven, and THEN, Chopin! A full half of the program was the flashy, exuberant Chopin--with two encores!

How blessed my Sunday was. A wonderful Sunday afternoon surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment