Thursday, December 1, 2011

God Doesn't Waste Sorrows

I purchased some bright golden chrysanthemums, some burgundy ones and harvest gold ones. Not because I needed them, necessarily, but I wanted them! What do I do with them? Well, I had some impatiens that welcomed my guests at the front door and they still looked pretty good, but I knew soon they would be hit by frost.

I can just throw them away and put the new flowers in the pots and these could be my welcome mat, I thought. That's great, but you need to know how difficult it is for me to throw plants away. I will try to nurse them back to good health.

I cringed and started pulling the plants out and tossed them in my yard debris bin. Then I had a thought: why not cut the remaining blossoms? So I did! And as I was cutting them, I was reminded of that phrase: God Doesn't Waste Sorrows.


In my great loss, I have tried to glean any lesson I am learning as I walk the road of grief. This seemed to me a prime example of a tiny human attempt at not wasting the "sorrow" of my dying plants for they are being used one last time.

So they grace my table with their pretty blooms and they remind me of that phrase yet again God Doesn't Waste Sorrows and He is not wasting mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment