Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Surprise

I was alone on Christmas morning for the first time in my life. I told myself I'd be ok. After all, I'd be with my family later in the morning--at church, and later at my house for dinner. I didn't have a special breakfast, the usual Special K with Protein, why would I make something special for just me?

I took myself to church and met my Vancouver family and that was good. We would be together later for dinner. I was a little sad that my son and his daughters wouldn't be there, but it wasn't possible this year, we would celebrate Christmas later in the week.

Then, just after cleaning up the table after a wonderful dinner of marinated turkey, a delicious green salad and the traditional green bean casserole with my homemade french bread, who walked in but my Todd? He came! It was great! He decided it was worth the three hour drive to be with his Vancouver family. I am blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I only wish we had been there for you on Christmas Morning...had no idea it was your first alone.

    ReplyDelete